Our latest Partner in Purpose collaborator, Joy Bauer, understands the power of creating mealtime wins using nutritious, practical, and easy-to-follow tips.
Joy Bauer, MS, RDN, CDN, is one of North America’s leading health authorities. As a well-known TV personality in the United States and Canada, Joy shares reliable, practical, and easy-to-follow advice. That’s why we partnered with Joy to create three exclusive TasteBuds recipes that bring her passion for creating nutritious comfort food to your kitchen.
Below, Joy shares why she partnered with Pampered Chef and how our new Brilliance cookware inspired her, and she also shares one of the three recipes she developed for TasteBuds: Chicken Breasts With Mushroom-Truffle Sauce.
Partnering With Pampered Chef
Joy says, “I’ve been a fan of Pampered Chef for years, so when I got the opportunity to partner with them on an exclusive TasteBuds collaboration, I jumped at the chance! Their feel-good mission fits perfectly with mine; to make cooking easier for home chefs, to build confidence in the kitchen, to bring families together over delicious meals, and to encourage people to embrace the transformative power of food. And of course, I love their products!”
Testing New Brilliance Nonstick Cookware Collection
“If you’ve been lucky enough to attend a party and buy any of their products, you know how beautiful and well-designed they are,” Joy says. “I was thrilled to test out their new Brilliance cookware in my last round of recipes. Needless to say, I was super impressed. I love the fact that they are a breeze to clean and dishwasher-safe. That’s a major asset!”
Favorite Pampered Chef Products
“I’m a huge fan of the entire line of products, but my favorite is probably the 5-qt. (4.7-L) Nonstick Saute Pan, because I’m obsessed with one-skillet meals. I’ve also been regularly using the pizza stone and the casserole dish as well. One of my exclusive TasteBuds recipes is a reimagined tuna casserole that evokes childhood memories of family dinners. I can’t wait to share this nostalgic dish with you!”
Joy’s Exclusive TasteBuds Recipes
“I’m so excited about my TasteBuds collaboration. When I started creating the recipes, the first concept that came to my mind was classic, beloved comfort foods. Healthy dishes are my specialty, of course, so I lightened up these renditions so people can feel good going back for seconds and even thirds. I also made sure all the wholesome ingredients were easily accessible and the recipes were fuss-free and quick to put together. They are addictively scrumptious, and I can’t wait for everyone to dig in!
“In the spirit of better-for-you comfort foods, I’ve whipped up an out-of-the-box pizza with a crave-worthy seasoning blend, a creamy tuna casserole that will make you think about the good old days, and a must-have chicken and broccoli masterpiece that combines so many delicious textures and flavors all in one satisfying skillet. Here, I’m happy to share this Chicken Breasts With Mushroom-Truffle Sauce featuring Pampered Chef’s Black Truffle & Herb Seasoning (it’s soooo savory and special). It’s a cinch to make and it’s been on repeat in my house.”
“In my opinion, chicken and broccoli are a perfect pair, one you can find in stir-fries, soups, and stews. This scrumptious spin is a one-pot-wonder that delivers a fancy feel. It’s easy to whip up for the kiddos on a hectic weeknight or special enough for company on the weekend. It checks all the boxes. Are you hungry yet?!”
Joy’s Tips & Tricks
Get tips for making Chicken & Broccoli With Mushroom-Truffle Sauce in your kitchen.
- “I like to use Pampered Chef’s 5-qt. (4.7-L) Nonstick Saute Pan with matching lid from their Brilliance cookware line and boy, does it work beautifully. Not only does it look gorgeous sitting on the stove (I love the subtle pop of sparkly blue), but it’s big and wide, and the silicone helper handle (sold separately) allows for easy handling when the metal gets hot. Oh, and it’s also a breeze to clean.”
- “If you prefer chicken thighs, swap ‘em in. Simply use 1½ pounds (700 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs (be sure to weigh without the skin/bones). I suggest avoiding bone-in poultry here, as it would alter the cooking time and change the recipe. Another trick: When the chicken is resting, before putting back in skillet, you can choose to slice it into bite-size pieces or large slices before adding back to skillet, which allows the insides to really mingle with saucy goodness.”
- “To make this dairy-free, use oil instead of butter when sauteeing the onions.”
- “If you’re not a mushroom fan, leave them out and instead add a diced red bell pepper (and optional diced carrots) in with the onions.”
- “You can season the finished dish with salt and pepper to taste (you’ll notice I didn’t add any salt to the formal recipe, so you can adjust according to personal preference). And for an extra hit of warmth, you can add a few sprigs of fresh thyme while cooking the mushrooms. The dish can also be finished with fresh parsley.”
What is TasteBuds?
About Joy Bauer
Joy Bauer, MS, RDN, CDN, is one of North America’s leading health authorities. As a well-known TV personality in the United States and Canada, Joy shares reliable, practical, and easy-to-follow advice that helps millions of people eat better, live healthier, and lead more fulfilling lives. She’s a #1 New York Times bestselling author with 14 bestselling books to her credit. When she’s not dishing out health info or sharing delicious recipes on TV or social media, you’ll find Joy making a mess in her kitchen or spending quality time with her husband, three kids, and fur-baby, Gatsby.
No comments yet.