Everyone has their favorite type of chocolate chip cookie. Some people like them soft and chewy on the inside, while others prefer crispy, crunchy cookies. Check out this helpful infographic with tips on how to make chocolate chip cookies just how you like.
Before you get started, check out our easy recipe for classic chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine the baking soda, flour, and salt in a mixing bowl, and set it aside. In another bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until the mixture is creamy. Add the vanilla and egg, and beat until the mixture is blended. Slowly add in the flour mixture, beating to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips, then use a scoop or a 1-tbsp measuring spoon to evenly place dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9–11 minutes and then let the cookies cool for 2 minutes, then move them onto a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
Adjust the recipe with tips in this infographic for your favorite type of chocolate chip cookie. If you’re not sure which variation to make, try them all! You might find a new favorite.
Do you like your chocolate chip cookies to be gooey, cakey, or chewy? It’s all here.
These cookies will seriously impress your family and friends. Share your best cookie recipe tips in the comments. Happy baking!
This post has been updated since it was originally published in February 2016.