If you made too much grilled chicken, this is the article for you. Jen, @midwestlifeandstyle, shares a rightovers idea for pizza that transforms grilled chicken leftovers into a fresh, picture-worthy pizza.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Everything tastes great on pizza. Have you tried barbecue? Shake up pizza night and put that extra grilled chicken to good use with Jen’s recipe!
- 2 cups (500 mL) leftover cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 8 oz. (250 g) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg (6.1 oz./173 g) Pizza Crust Mix
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) warm water
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) olive oil
- Cornmeal for dusting
- Fresh cilantro, if you’d like
- In a small mixing bowl, add the chicken, half of the barbecue sauce, and the minced garlic. Stir well to coat.
- Preheat the Deluxe Electric Grill & Griddle, with the grill plates, on GRILL for 3 minutes.
- While the grill is preheating, prepare the Pizza Crust Mix with the water and olive oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle a pastry mat with cornmeal. Turn out the dough and use a Baker’s Roller to roll it out.
- When the grill has preheated, carefully lift the dough from the mat and place it on the bottom plate of the grill. Cook in the Closed position for 2–3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Select CUSTOM. Press TOP/BTM. Set the top to 480°F (250°C) and the bottom to 250°F (120°C).
- When the grill has preheated, spread the remaining barbecue sauce evenly over the crust. Top with the chicken mixture, onions, and cheese.
- Cook in the Top Melt position for 7–10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!