Garianne, @gariannestable, always has leftover veggies in the fridge, so she added them all to the blender and made a great sauce.
Hidden Veggie Pasta Sauce
Put the leftover veggies in your fridge to good use by making the sauce below!
- 1 can (28 oz./794 g) whole peeled tomatoes and their juices
- Leftover sauteed peppers and onions
- Leftover roasted carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tomato paste
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry red wine (optional, but adds some extra flavor)
- Throw all into the Deluxe Cooking Blender. I put mine on the SAUCE icon and then HEATED PUREE once it’s fully blended. That’s it! Serve over pasta and you have a whole new dish using rightovers!
Want More Rightovers Inspiration?
Check out our favorite tips, tricks, and recipes in Rightovers: Leftovers Made RIght.