Hot Chocolate on a Stick
There’s nothing like a cup of hot cocoa in the winter! We love a good hot cocoa bomb but another fun cocoa DIY is this hot chocolate on a stick. To make it, you simply mix together your favorite chocolate and candy combinations into a mini muffin pan. (We used our Donut Hole Pan for these!) Then stir your treat into a cup of hot milk for a deliciously creamy custom cup of cocoa.
Bonus! These can also be served as hot chocolate truffles! Keep them for yourself or pack them up as gifts for friends and neighbors.
- ½ cup (125 mL) heavy cream
- 14 oz. (400 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz. (125 g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ⅛ tsp (.5 mL) salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
- Mix together heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, not boiling. Add chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate, and salt. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes then whisk together until smooth.
- Using a small scoop, divide the mixture among the wells of Donut Hole Pan or Brownie Bite Pan. Add candy toppers, if you like, and sticks. Freeze the pan for 1-2 hours or refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To release the hot chocolate bites, dip the base of the pan in a warm water bath (under 100°F/ 38°C) for 30-40 seconds.
- Dip the hot chocolate bites in cocoa powder (this keeps them from sticking together). To serve, swirl a hot chocolate bite into a cup of warm milk.
Yield: 24 treats