Make homemade eggnog in a cooking blender. No need for whisking and watching closely and no need to worry about the eggs being under- or over-cooked.
- 3 cups (750 mL) whole milk
- 1½ cups (375 mL) heavy cream
- ½ cup (125 mL) bourbon or dark rum
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 6 egg yolks
- Add the first stage ingredients to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Select the SAUCE setting; press the wheel to start.
- When prompted to “Add”, add egg yolks and select the wheel to continue cooking.
- Chill before serving.
Optional: Top with whipped cream and nutmeg.