Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
This roasted pumpkin seed recipe has the right amount of sweetness and just enough cardamom to keep things interesting. Consider it your reward for scooping all those seeds and goop out of the pumpkin!
Chai Spice Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin seeds
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Cinnamon Plus® or ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place the seeds in a small bowl and toss with the oil and seasonings.
- Pour the seeds onto a sheet pan, spreading them in a single layer.
- Cook seeds in the oven for 25-30 minutes (stirring every 5-10 minutes), or until golden and crispy.
- Carefully remove the stone from the oven to a cooling rack, and let the seeds cool on the stone.
- Store the seeds in a closed container at room temperature.