Pancakes in fun shapes are a great way to start the day for the young and young at heart. And, for a limited time, you can make breakfast even more playful with our new Disney•Pixar Toy Story 4 Breakfast Set that includes pancake molds shaped like Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and the Aliens from Toy Story 4.
But, don’t just stop with pancakes! Because these silicone molds are heat-safe to 450°F (230°C), there are plenty of other uses for our basic star, heart, and triangle molds and the new Disney•Pixar Toy Story 4 molds. Besides just creating fluffy cakes, put them to work for savory dinners, after-school snacks, and eye-catching pastries, cookies, and brownies.
1. Make the best pancakes. Mix your ingredients and pour the batter right into the mold. The molds are heat-safe to 450°F (230°C), so you can place the silicone shapes right on the surface of a double burner griddle. The ring conforms to the griddle which prevents leaks, and the long handles keep your fingers safe once the cakes are done. Use stencils to create faces out of powdered sugar on each cake. If you’re more of a high-end brunch type, garnish breakfast with sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream.
3. Serve savory individual quiches. Place the star, triangle, and heart molds on an ungreased sheet pan and line each mold with pie dough, gently pressing the dough down into all the mold’s corners. Trim the edges to even with the tops of the molds. Fill the molds ¾ of the way full with your egg mixture. Saute chopped onions, peppers, or other vegetables your family likes in a 10″ (25-cm) stainless steel nonstick skillet and toss them with the egg mixture. Bake 20 to 24 minutes in a 450°F (230°C) oven. The cooking time might vary depending on your pie dough.
4. Customize your deep-dish pizza. Mini pizzas make a quick, customizable weeknight dinner, and they’re even better in fun shapes. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) and place the molds on an ungreased sheet pan. Press pizza dough into the molds, making sure to stretch it up the sides. Trim the dough at the top with kitchen shears and fill the dough with marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, and your favorite toppings. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Let the molds cool for 5 minutes, remove, and serve. Note that the tabs on the molds will be hot when they come out of the oven, so be careful.
5. Get your eggs in shape. Whether you prefer your eggs over-easy or sunny side up, the molds can turn them into shapes. Simply melt some butter in a nonstick pan, place the mold, crack an egg into the mold, and cook until the white is set and the yolk is at your preferred doneness. Serve them with a side of toast, or put them on a slice of cheese and an English muffin for a quick but fun breakfast sandwich
7. Make fun gelatin jigglers. Prepare the recipe as specified on the box—about ⅔ cup (150 mL) of boiling water per box of gelatin—and let the mixture sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Place the molds on a sheet pan and freeze while the gelatin sets. Once the pan and molds are chilled, pour about ¼ cup (50 mL) of liquid into each one and gently place in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for about three hours. The gelatin should easily pull away from the molds once it’s set.
8. Fun up chocolate chip cookies. A hybrid of a classic cookie and a bar, these shaped cookies couldn’t be easier. Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare the cookie dough according to your packaging or recipe. Measure ¼ cup (50 mL) of dough per mold and press it into the shape so that it’s even and reaches the edges. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown. Cooking time may vary depending on your recipe. Let the molds cool for 5 minutes and remove; the tabs on the molds will be hot when they come out of the oven.
9. Make a box of brownies even more fun. This is a fun way to use the Disney•Pixar Toy Story 4 Molds & Stencils, too. Choose your favorite brownie mix and preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), or the temperature specified on the box. Mix the batter according to the box instructions and place the molds on a sheet pan heavily greased with vegetable oil or melted butter. Fill each mold with ⅓ cup (75 mL) batter and bake for 20 minutes. You can use the instructions on the box for a 9” x 13” (23 cm x 33 cm) baking dish. Let the brownies cool for at least 20 minutes, then use a butter knife or mini spatula to loosen the edges from the mold. Decorate the tops of each shape with a dusting of powdered sugar using the included stencils.
10. Make and decorate your own individual cakes. The Disney•Pixar Toy Story 4 Molds & Stencils are adorable for little cakes at a party or as an activity for kids. And these individual cakes can be decorated any way you like. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), or the temperature specified on the cake mix box, and mix the batter according to instructions. Grease a sheet pan and each mold heavily with vegetable oil or melted butter, and pour ¼ cup (50 mL) of batter into each mold. Bake for 20 minutes, or per the “cupcake” instructions on the cake box. Let the cakes cool for 10 minutes, and use a spatula to loosen the edges from the mold. Decorate the tops with colored sugar using the stencils, or frost with a small spreader.
11. Make only the best part of the muffin—the tops! Whether you prefer blueberry, banana, or streusel, the molds are perfect for making just the tops of muffins. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), or to the temperature on the package, and mix the batter according to the box instructions. Heavily grease a sheet pan and each mold with melted butter or vegetable oil and place ¼ cup (50 mL) of batter into each mold. Bake for 20 minutes, or according to the directions for “muffins” on the box. Let the muffin tops cool for at least 10 minutes, and use a metal spatula to help loosen the edges from the molds.
12. Make hash browns any time. A crispy hash brown at breakfast is a true treat, and these couldn’t be simpler to make. Use butter or vegetable oil to grease the molds and a nonstick fry pan. Place the molds in the cold pan and fill each mold about ⅔ of the way with shredded potato. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bottom is crispy and golden brown. Remove the mold with the handle, flip the hash browns and cook an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.